SharePoint Server 2016 installation step by step
|In this post I will take you through the steps involved in SharePoint Server 2016 Beta 2 installation.
4. Accept terms of software license
5. Choose default file location
6. Click on Install. Run configuration wizard:
Once installation has been completed, the configuration wizard will open. To complete the installation, run
8. Provide database server, database name [default SharePoint_Config] & database access account. This
9. Specify a passphrase [can be your password]
10. Specify server role: In SharePoint 2016, we do not have stand-alone installation available. For one machine installation also, you will have to choose single server farm.
12. SharePoint will start the configuration:
13. Once configuration is successful, you will get the “configuration successful” message. For me luckily, I was able to reach this screen without getting any error. if in case you are getting an error and not able to complete the configuration wizard successfully. Go to the end of this post and refer to few known issues which you might face during the SharePoint 2016 Server installation.
14. Click on finish. After a while, central administration site will open. Choose Yes, I am willing to participate to make SharePoint better.
15. Once you click on Ok. It would open SharePoint configuration page. You can choose Yes to walk through the configuration using this wizard option:
16. Once you click on Yes, service applications services page will open. Provide a managed account. Choose service applications and services which you would like to provision and then choose next.
17. Once you click on Next, you need to wait till the time SharePoint creates service applications and provision services. You can check it by opening your database server.
18. Once completed, you will get Create Site Collection Page. You can choose to create a site collection or cancel to go back to Central Administration home page.
If you are getting an error “RPC Server is unavailable” in step 3 while running configuration wizard:
Add domain controller IP to Hosts file like “10.0.0.X sharepoint.local” where 10.0.0.x is the IP of your DC. In case of single server installation, this will be your machine’s IP address. For more information on this issue you can refer Microsoft Technet blog thread
Ranjan is a Microsoft Certified Trainer, author, founder, freelance corporate trainer having 11 years’ hands-on experience in Microsoft technologies including Power Apps, Power Automate, Azure & SharePoint. He has delivered 200+ corporate training & trained 3500+ professionals across the globe with excellent feedback.
Clients handled: Microsoft, Cisco, Boeing (USA), Deloitte, EMC, ABB, Siemens, Fidelity, ILO (Geneva), Mercedes-Benz, Ernst & Young, ANZ Bank, Volvo, Ethiopian Airlines, Etihad Airways, Dubai Customs & many more.